View Single Post
Old 01-23-2020, 01:51 AM
  # 366 (permalink)  
jr67

Good morning (4:20 a.m.). Just a brief check-in here.

Enjoyed a play last night. Pre-January 2 I woulda definitely bought one (possibly two) of those overpriced nip bottles of wine they sell in the lobby, that you can bring to your seat. Didn't buy it, didn't miss it.

Got 3.5 hours sleep. Once again it was a sound sleep, so I'll take it. The past few days I've taken a cat nap or two during the day and that has energized me enough to keep working.

Heading to my home-office desk by 6 a.m. Writing it down to remind myself when that hour comes around, so I can get to my worky work that puts a roof over my head.

I think I'm going to start a thread about a thing on my mind. Check it out. But if not, not.

Two nots?

Yes. That could mean:

I might not start the threat. Or if I do you might not check it out.

Or it could mean:

I might start the thread, but you still don't check it out.

Or maybe:

I do not start the thread, but you do check it out.

Or maybe more.

Two little words, so much potential.

But I'm tying myself in knots over this.

I hope I am not psychotic. But if so, so.

[Two so's? (Is that like, "You dirty, rotten little so-and-so?" Yes that is so, a little.) (Or it it like an SOS? Like, "Sendin' out an SOS for you, sendin' out an sos for you"? ) (Quiz: Who sang that?)]

But I digress. Where was I? Oh yes:

I hope I am not psychotic. But if so, so.

That could mean:

It is true (it is so) that I am not psychotic. And if that is the case, I (we) will have to live with that happy fact. This is something like, "It is what it is."

Or it could mean:

I am psychotic. And if that is the case, I (we) will have to live with that unhappy fact. This is something like, "It is what it is."

So then the question arises:

Who cares whether jr is psychotic or not? It doesn't seem to make much difference, It is what it is.

This is a conundrum (I think, but I'm too busy to look it up to make sure. Please correct me if I'm wrong.) Let's see what the google has to say: "Psychosis: a severe mental disorder in which thought and emotions are so impaired that contact is lost with external reality."

Well, I am no R. D. Laing, but I know what I think, or so I think. So good. For today, at least, it is clear (I am clear) that jr is not psychotic. I'll take that. One day at a time.

Any questions?