View Single Post
Old 01-22-2020, 11:26 PM
  # 365 (permalink)  
Geenie
Free at last!

Originally Posted by sobermafia View Post
Hi - Day 22 here. I'm doing okay mostly, but my health anxiety is a little off the charts as I'm concerned about my bleeding gums from binge drinking and my liver. I know I need to get to the Dr. and get a check up, and I will in a couple of weeks. Meanwhile, I'm trying to lose weight, brush my teeth three times a day, and hoping that my abstinence heals whatever damage I did. The bleeding gums are already getting better, but now I'm worried bout recession or a cavity LOL. ( I have to laugh at my self because I know how silly it is).

If anyone has any advice on how to put my anxiety at bay other than just going to the Dr., I'm open. I know you can't give medical advice, and I'm not asking for that. And yes, I have my dental check up in February too. I'm just worried about going to the Dr. and being shamed or yelled at for all the weight I gained, and my poor lifestyle choices.
Sobermafia I can't imagine that any medical professional would not say the best thing you have done for your health at this point in time is stop drinking, because it will make a difference to all the other issues you are worried about in the long term. So well done! The other things will right themselves in due time I am sure.

Apart from the meditation/mindfulness I keep banging on about, I also discovered last weekend Michael Sealey, an Australian hypnotist, who has a range of different recordings on Youtube covering various problems. I have been listening to a anxiety calming one, and whether you believe in this stuff or not, it is an hour every day of just being lulled into switching off and being calm, He also has the most relaxing voice I have heard in a long time! Now listening morning and evening! Hugs to you.