View Single Post
Old 01-22-2020, 11:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Meraviglioso

Help please- not drinking but emotional

Hi, does anyone here speak Italian? Or a psychologist? I really want to talk about something with someone who can understand.
Yesterday I received the report from the court ordered psychologist and I am just a mess after reading it all. I\d like to get some feedback from someone.
It is 35 pages long, in Italian, I don't understand everything but what I do understand has made me very upset.
one good thing is that the first entry is from the first meeting with my ex - so without any input from me, my psychologist, anyone- and they note immediately ACTUALLY WRITE IT OUT, that he is a narcissist and thinks himself to be better than everyone.
The bad, and there is a lot, but to be brief, they note my emotional instability, my bi-polar disorder and the thing that hurt the most is that they said I seem "cold" and "fake" with little warmth and eye contact with my children. This was a situation where I had to meet with my children in a new room, a new place, with new toys while being physically observed by the psychologist and knowing that I was being video and audio recorded. I was a nervous wreck! Also, I do not thin they took into consideration the cultural differences. I am NOT Italian! I am not "hot" like a latin woman, I am kind, caring, loving and open to all people but in a much different way culturally.
I am just so upset they think these things of me and my style of parenting. They did note when I "caressed" my son's head and the engagement that took place but they said I was "cold" I am not cold!
The rest of the document mostly talked about me and my problems with alcohol and depression and I actually learned a lot. It was pointed out- as has been pointed out here! and in therapy- how isolated I am and how I feel angry at Italy for my problems. I do need to get past this and it was good for me to see it in black and white. They said I seem paranoid and angry, that I had a tendency to be "histrionic" and go all over the place during my meetings.
I need to get past this for me, but I also need to train myself on certain behaviour patterns in order to "pass" these coming meetings.
We had court last week and the judge did not grant my ex full custody but said there would be a year of monitoring before the final decision was made. So I have to go back to this psychologist (as does my ex) once every two to three months for the next year. I absolutely must present better in order to get my children back!