Old 01-20-2020, 06:58 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
jr67

That's so good to hear, SS.

Did your poor friend, I mean rich rich friend, for having you as a friend (and vice versa) get a chance to sleep? Maybe s/he's sleeping now? If so, when s/he wakes up, maybe you will want to make breakfast for her/him and you, or take her/him and yourself out to breakfast.

You are off for the week. Does the friend have the MLK holiday off today?

Great re therapy, I have found it helpful at times over the years, and not just about substance abuse issues either.

You sound so much brighter today, SS. Still amped, yes, but with a tone of optimism rather than dread. Doesn't mean the comedown will be easy, but I think one's frame of mind in experiencing catastrophes large and small greatly affects the quality of the events, such that they may, just may, turn out to be less catastrophic than originally projected.

Hey, you have off for the week, right? Are there any bookstores left in your fair city? I know they are disappearing from the landscape far and wide. Well, do you have a library?

Full Catastrophe Living, by Jon Kabat-Zinn, lays out, in detail, a program for understanding and practicing mindfulness meditation, aka MBSR (mindfulness based stress reduction).

We can all do with a healthy dose of that, methinks.

We'll continue to see you in SoberLandia, I hope.