View Single Post
Old 01-19-2020, 09:02 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Briansy

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
SBTS, I know I am repeating myself, but you and your guy are the most socially active people I have ever almost known. Wow. Hope he has fun and I bet you have a fantastic time with the cat. And your friends. And your movies. And your journal and work and I think 77 is magnificent. I love double numbers. And very cool re your brother. s

Briansy.....I was thinking, if I was you I would get to a doc and have a checkup. I am not happy with the eye thing. (Bossy big sis ). xx

Hi Suze! Yes, you are right - I do need to get it checked. Will book an appointment for late on Friday after work. Free medical appointments are available in the UK but you can only access services near where you live and not work. Fine if you live in a small town, not so great in London where I have to take time off work to see someone - or else pay which I'd rather not do! But, yeah, it just looks funny - my colour is a tiny bit off at the moment although I feel great!

Had such a good day today - got up really early, showered, put on my new golf clothes and played a match in the big club team knockout competition. Played really well and won the match. The course was under heavy frost early on and it was magnificent being out there. I had a nice light lunch and came home and have just pottered around doing some cleaning and messing about online since. Currently watching the footie, all good.

I had a chat with my parents on the phone today and they clearly have noticed a big difference in my and I've really noticed it in myself also. My outlook is so damn positive at the moment, it's great. The two key things are my desire to put in a really good shift at work and my desire
to play golf. Both are high - but when I was down and depressed, they were low. My depression wasn't natural, it was definitely induced by alcohol. I still need some time to establish myself as a non-drinker and to be in a position where I'm not asked anymore about drinking etc But bit by bit (and this is a process that has been happening for 2 years now not since November 30), that stuff is getting better and more comfortable for me

Will now go to my phone to post a couple of pics of the golf course this AM. It was stunning !