View Single Post
Old 01-18-2020, 06:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
fishkiller

Originally Posted by LiveLikeGold6 View Post
Hey everyone just wanted to jump on here and say HANG IN THERE to everyone.

I got my 8 month coin this morning. When I first started this journey I went to meetings everyday, sometime 2 or 3 and even up to 6. I made calls and to this day I'm still glad I put in that early effort because I was able to experience the RELIEF that came with getting outside of myself and plunging into a solution to my alcoholism.

I went through a lull around 6 months, went to less meetings, made no calls, and when I was at meetings I just wasn't feeling inspired.

BUT I just kept coming back, I had smart feet as they say, and lately, fortunately, the meetings have been really great and I feel reinvigorated.

Though I've had many ups and downs these last 8 months, I somehow have managed to hold on to my sobriety even if at times it was by a thread. I don't do a perfect program but I do have a program. At the bare minimum I say the 3rd step prayer to myself every day. I reach out to my sponsor and go to a meeting at least once a week. And I swallow my pride and shoot a text to fellow AA members once in a while.

I'm excited to begin service again. H and I is on my horizon and I can do Teleservice in just 4 short months!

If I've said anything here I hope you understand all I'm trying to say is SOBRIETY IS 100% WORTH IT!
Congrats!

Thanks for posting!