Thread: I'm delusional.
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2020, 05:49 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
FWN

Thank you for your response, trail mix. That term you are using “active addiction “really hung me up for a while on this forum. I feel like it is not a fair term to use at least as I perceive it. Active addiction in my head is someone who is just guzzling drinks day in and day out and cannot take a breath away from alcohol. Versus someone like my alcoholic husband, he can take days or months as you know, but it is still considered active addiction because it is simply an addiction that he has that he has not done anything about it. It is still there. Not resolved with recovery steps. Just my two cents on that, that is a tough thing to wrap your head around when you are talking about someone who is in the early stages of this disease.

And sadly I am preparing myself. He is still too good for AA or any kind of program and just wants to do it himself. And honestly if me and the kids were out of the equation I doubt he would be interested. “Everyone does it “as he always says. He lives in a world that revolves around alcohol.

At the end of the day I just want to be happy in my life, for the longest time I feel like I have “everything “but at the same time I have always thought to myself “I don’t get to be truly happy “because of my marriage and his drinking. I could be, if it weren’t “for this one little thing” I always say. LOL talk to text, too many quotes there.