View Single Post
Old 01-18-2020, 05:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
LastInLine

Counting Days...

I didn't know that people count days when they quit drinking, but funny enough, I started doing it right away without knowing that. I guess it's completely normal.

Day 13. I'm trying to get my thread thing stabilized here. I hear there's no real rules and I can appreciate that, but I feel sort of ... I don't know, starting three different threads in less than 2 weeks, so I'm just going to stop here and count days.

I really feel a lot better. I thought about drinking today. I mean I really didn't think I was going to do it. But it's Friday night and that's what I do on Friday night. Well, every night, but if it's Friday I don't have to work tomorrow, so then there was no attempt to limit it. I'd just drink until I blissfully passed out. Then wake up a few hours later, so thirsty that there's not enough water on the planet to quench it, and then not sleep at all the rest of the night.

That has to be the single biggest reason that I'm not really tempted to drink. Sleep. Sleep is so wonderful, I forgot what it was like. Sad, but true. The thought of going back to no sleep like that is just not acceptable.

I noticed after about a week into no drinking that I had dark circles under my eyes. I asked my wife if I was like that before and she told me that yeah, but it wasn't as noticeable because my eyes were always real puffy. Great. The dark circles are still there, but only about half as much as before. I hope it goes completely away.

The other thing I've noticed is mental clarity. It's sort of hard to describe, but it was like I was walking around in a fog all day, every day and now all of the sudden, the fog it clearing and everything looks much brighter and clearer. Anyone else get that?