View Single Post
Old 01-18-2020, 02:32 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
snitch

YOU don't want to drink. Otherwise you would not be posting for help. Your ALCOHOLISM wants you to drink. This is a serious situation. It doesn't matter what your mum believes or doesn't believe... if she is ordering wine and you cannot leave and you are wanting to drink then you need to tell her NOW. Drinking alcohol is a life or death situation for people like us. Just that one little drink that your alcoholism is right now telling you will be comforting will set off the craving for more and more and more and you won't be able to stop. You will throw away 250 plus days of sobriety and you will have to start all over again. We always do. We are alcoholics. We cannot ever drink safely or moderately. You will come to tomorrow feeling full of terror, despair guilt and shame. Sick, swearting, heart racing, desperate thirst. And for what? Because your mother doesnt believe in addiction? Because you are bored? You may not even make it back if you pick up this evening. Many don't. My last drink nearly killed me. I dont want to find out what will happen if I pick up again.

This is your life ! Do whatever it takes to save it!