View Single Post
Old 12-04-2005, 08:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
JennyK

For the first time....

my husband went to bed tonight and told me that he could not wait to wake up in the morning and go to work.

He totally loves his new job. The money is FAR better than they even promised him when he took the job and it is small office so he has charmed all the people already and they love him.

Never have I heard James say that he can't wait until tomorrow. He has the dreaded "I am bored" gene and gets bogged down in the having nothing to amuse him. This new job engages his mind at every turn.

We talked a great deal about his alcoholism this weekend and what his plans were to be able to keep this job while not taking the necessary steps to address his addiction. He is rather fuzzy on the details and very clear on his desire to have a happy family life and a successful business career. We so both want the same things for our family.

I am stuck in the statistics. He won't quit drinking without support. He won't get support. Therefore he is doomed.

I suppose that I need to remember that one day at a time living also goes for the good times as well.

Jenny