Thread: Day 1
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2020, 07:56 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Sober45

Originally Posted by Obladi View Post
Do you think?

Or do you think maybe the feelings set a'churning by the fight with your daughter and the terrible day you breezily reported might actually be the demons? I dunno. Excuse my presumption if I'm out of line. Just suggesting this might be the case because it most certainly was with me. I spent years trying to control or quiet that Addictive Voice (AV) so many around here speak of, when really that voice was just another symptom of my underlying unresolved "stuff."

In my world, what you reported as your "many occasional thought" and concern about upcoming travel actually was, in hindsight, a relapse in the making. Again, just something to think about. Ignore me please if it doesn't fit for you.

You're doing great - so pleased that you got out of bed this morning to face Day 13.

O
I'm not sure if I'm getting what your saying but I certainly do drink to cope with parenting (ugh so embarrassing). I remember the turning point (the actual moment) when I starting using alcohol to cope. She was only a few weeks old and was colic. My mom (who's a functioning alcoholic) seeing how stressed I was, encouraged me to have a drink of rum to relax...and that's just what I did. As time went on it just got worse and worse until I was drinking every day.

No matter how I was feeling, booze got me through the day...oh the euphoria...it was my "dream time". How many times have I said "make no wonder I drink". Always looking for excuses.