View Single Post
Old 01-08-2020, 06:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I feel like I'm losing my mind.. somehow he makes me feel like I am being unsupportive because I am upset over the women, and not just the drugs. I am upset over more than that! The lies, women, money, and drugs! I feel so stupid.
There is nothing wrong with you, this is all about his bad behaviour and him twisting things to make you think that you are the one with the problem...an expression we use here for that is "gas lighting".

He uses drugs, he has made this a part of his life. Nobody can change that but him. All the crying, begging, negotiating, threatening, and tying to contol this, is futile. If love could save our addicts, not one of us would be here.

What you need to think about, is how long you will allow this to be a part of your life. It is a horrible heartbreaking way to live.

Take a read around, especially the "sticky posts" at the top of this forum. There is a lot of good information there. Also a book called "Codependent No More" has helped many of us learn why we allow this kind of behaviour in our lives and what we can do to help ourselves rise above it all.

I am glad you joined us, I hope you find some comfort and peace here.

Hugs