View Single Post
Old 01-07-2020, 12:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
California123

Can't make this up!

For anyone unfamiliar with my situation please read my old posts. Can't even begin to describe the past, at the moment. But on to the present, I just really need to get this out.

Christmas passed with no engagement despite demands from girlfriend (safe to say ex at this point). She broke up with me the next morning and for 4 or 5 days we didn't talk at all. Then came new years eve, where she started to rip me once again for it all. I've stayed steadfast in my assessment that we simply can't move forward without addressing the drinking issue (she still drinks, basically every day and I deal with constant stress and babysitting as a result).

On new years eve, after a solid day of ripping me for not engaging her, she then said she "had to block me because she had a date". This hurt! I replied back basically saying F-off. Nothing bad on my end, not then, not ever. Always typically a gentleman except for this moment when I had had enough. I stopped replying to texts and efforts to reach me. I was, and am, done. Of all things, on Jan 1st after having not replied to any of her nonsense, her father reached out to me and said in a nutshell "Matt, please stop contacting @&$#, me and her mother are trying to get her a fresh start and we don't want any interference from you ". I said ok, and stated that all correspondence at this point by me was just in response to her, I hadn't reached out at all. He asked me to forward any messages she sends directly to him. I did, for a day or two.

Jan 2nd was her birthday. She texted me all.day trying to get me to attend her bday dinner with family. I said no, this is against your dad's wishes and not a good idea. Knowing too that I didn't want to go, trying to end things. She tried to get me to come over after, i declined.

Finally after several calls and texts on the morning of Friday, wanting to hang out and see me, I caved. I had all the Christmas gifts from my family to her in the back seat of my car, still. I said I was in the area and let me swing by and drop them off. We spent some time together, of course by about 10pm she had a couple drinks and wanted to walk down the street to a bar. We did, I had one drink and she had about 4, despite saying she only wanted "a drink".

I spent the night and the next day, gave her a ride to her friends baby shower. Her mom was also there, and dropped her back after the event at my place. We had a mellow Saturday night, no drinking which was great. Sunday, i dropped her off at her place and said goodbye for the time being. She then texted me a few hours later asking me to go to dinner. I said ok, but then an hour before she cancelled. Then the nasty texts started again, about breaking up and she didn't want to see me etc. I said ok no worries. Mind you, She had in the hours leading up to the cancellation asked me to pay her electric bill. I said sure no problem, and venmoed her the 200 bucks.

Now the bad part. Today she once again starts the day saying how terrible I am and how I ruined her life (All because I haven't proposed!). She then at one point said she is going to put a restraining order against me!!!! I literally have never wronged this person in my life, other than not marrying her. I support her in every way, and have never, in any way been verbally or physically abusive. It's all because I have stood my ground and not proposed and have been clear all along that it won't happen until the drinking is addressed! She hasn't done it, yet, but I'm so stressed i can't even sleep and have done nothing wrong! It's horrible. Is this even possible???