View Single Post
Old 01-02-2020, 07:11 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Abandoned80

“He had written an extremely petty list of nonsensical reasons, trying to turn it around on me. But he had never mentioned any of these "issues" before, and they were in opposition with things he had expressed just a month or two earlier. In the end he said things like "I think if I loved you more this would have been easier to make work," and "I just don't see a future with you and you would think at this point in a relationship I would be starting to think about it," and "I can just see us continuing to go on auto pilot forever, but I don't think we're meant to be.”

I totally understand your pain and confusion right now, as something very similar happened to me a few months ago. He also broke up with me after a few weeks of acting depressed and off (never said it had anything to do with me though), and gave me petty excuses he had never mentioned before for why we weren’t compatible anymore - my thread is probably a few pages back if you’d like to read - I had some really helpful responses from the supportive community here. It’s an awful way to be broken up with and leaves a lot of questions and no closure - “normal” people don’t operate like this after so long together and having spent time with each other’s families, etc. We had even been househunting together recently. I wish I could give some great advice, but what I’m doing is just trying to get support wherever I can, spend time with family and friends, and carry on as best I can.