View Single Post
Old 01-02-2020, 04:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
iAmSam

Rehabs have incentive to say the things they say.
This main part of SR is rehab advertisements (Ads). It's a huge business.

Most people in my life slowed down on drinking as they got older and then just didn't drink. Of course, I also don't truly know if that is REALLY why they stopped. Just I tend to take things at face value and not question people.
Small community so word gets around and I don't know of anyone local who's gone to a meeting or rehab. ?? I'm probably not aware of the younger generation though. My age group all seem to have trips to the psych ward more than anything.

I'm a loner through and through. A side thing is I have some problems leaving the safety of home. I work on that part with a couple docs and have put years into helping my anxiety problems. Seems I'm just more comfortable one on one.

I admire people that do it either way - groups/rehab/online/therapy. They all take effort and commitment to work.

maybe online isn't really going it alone....cause let me tell you, it's REALLY hard to open up for a person like me here. I can do it with a doctor etc, someone who I've known for years that I've developed trust. Online is a lot scarier for me. Never know if I'm going to get a mild slap or feelings hurt or .....something.