View Single Post
Old 12-30-2019, 10:35 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
MyLittleHorsie

I will be lucky to make it to 10pm if I am home. Dh and I have a small transportation company, off sets expenses from the farm and me giving up my accounting company/firm. We aren't as busy through the winter so we contract with another company to plow roads. We have an old dump truck for hauling aggregate and because dh likes driving dumps lol, so in October we slap the plow on it, the magnets for the company we contract with and have 2 city routes. They take 12 hours to plow, 8 to just sand. Depending on dh's hours this week, I might have to go out 😂 Not for long, but he can only drive 13 hours, add lunch and breaks and he can only be out 15 hours before someone has to relieve him for 8 hours. We have a driver who runs it, usually for aggregate and plowing but it is the holidays. We had a small ice storm here, so I do have today off, but everything starts back with a vengeance for me on the 2nd! Maybe step son will come home after hockey on NYE and relieve dad if necessary.
Lots of us around New Years, lots of us sober. Lots of us grabbing extra sleep on a week night!