Thread: still trying
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2019, 02:44 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
FreeOwl

Originally Posted by karenjean View Post
I needed to reach out.....I have been having a lot of problems staying sober.....I quit for 3 months then my life went haywire......I did as all drinkers do is turn back to the bottle.....I have been on a tetter-totter for 10 months now and want off......I do see a psychologist but it is so easy to lie to her as to myself and husband.....I want so bad to stay clean but just can't seem to get it out of my mind......I feel sad, then drink, then feel better, then feel guilty...….I was embarrassed to come back to site but realize that talking and reading posts can and will help...….tx for any suggestions you may have for me...….
I went to a meeting for the first time in a long time yesterday to pick up my 6 year coin.

It brought back the importance of those meetings - especially in the early days, weeks, months, years. And it helped me to see that even now, 6 years on, my slacking off on at least going to a meeting now and again is impacting me negatively.... or at least, I can see that the things I'm missing by not making time for meetings are a sacrifice I ought not make.

Anyway - my suggestion; get yourself a community of sober people and get to meetings. You can lie to your counselor but sitting in a room with a group of alcoholics and addicts on a regular basis - you can't hide the truth from yourself.