View Single Post
Old 12-27-2019, 06:08 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Fusion

Hi Mike, I hope you had a peaceful Christmas. Thank you for your post, what you speak of, your experience, sounds akin to a psychic transformative shift, of the spiritual (educational?) kind. It sounds equally as beneficial as the sudden spiritual experience (enlightenment?) that Awuh and others have written about.

I wrote this on SR a few days ago, I'm not a religious person, although raised a Catholic, I renounced that, and any, faith. On Christmas Eve, I felt an urge to attend Midnight Mass.

Originally Posted by Tatsy View Post
Beautiful song, Wholesome. The Midnight Mass was simply breathtaking. The choir was exquisite, and yes, it brought me to tears. Part way through, the congregation hold the hands of people sat beside, in front and behind and say....well, I'm not religious, but I'm sure it was 'peace be with you'. And in front were a young boy and girl, and they spun around and performed this ritual, it was moving.

At the end, the Bishop stood beside the exit door, and bade each person farewell. His sermon, spoken without script, was pertinent to myself and my losses this year.

When it came my turn at the exit door, he held my hand in both of his, and I placed my other hand over his. The Bishop reached down, and I stood on my tiptoes, and it was so natural, he kissed me on my cheek, and I kissed his. He said some phrases, but I didn't hear them. I'd stood in line for ages, looking ahead, and he only did that action with a few of the congregation.

It was that link, that contact, that carried me out into the evening at 1.40am, buzzing higher than any alcoholic drink. I felt renewed and cleansed. And I felt hope. I still do. If I never visit a church/cathedral again, I'll never forget that magical Mass, and the kind, insightful, Bishop.
I'm still pondering my next steps. I guess I'm seeking peace. I do hope that you are well, Mike.