Old 12-24-2019, 11:45 AM
  # 172 (permalink)  
kk1k5x

Thanks Dee, Sao and Tatsy I'm very grateful for all the good wishes and wish you the same and more. (I'm only slightly offended, Tatsy, as in "how dare you wish me well!? haha, just jokes). If we could get Bim to join us, we could take our kk1k5x SR family Christmas photo!

It was a choppy sleep once again, but no matter. Yesterday's translation prep helped because over the course of the day, I managed to get 15% of the work done and it wasn't particularly time consuming.

Also, for the first time in at least 5-6 years, I got a Christmas gift from someone other than my family It's that computer game Disco Elysium (it originates from a company established by Estonians, won some big awards this year - think it was even featured in TIME magazine?). Super happy about that! But cannot play it as of now, since it would derail all of my work

The Christmas Eve dinner was ribs (the ones I tested out a while ago ), mashed potatoes and red beet-garlic salad. Mash also got some of those rib cooking juices. It was an absolutely epic meal but well within reason in terms of portions.

The evening is quiet, my mother is onto Round 2 with homemade jellied meat and pate and mustard haha. Gave her the harddrive from my TV, so she's now watcing Rocketman.

Sobriety has brought peace into this home. No big arguments, no "maybe have just one or two, not 8", no hangovers and no unfinished important tasks.

I am extremely grateful for everyone who took the time this year to post in my threads, offer insights and support and provide a healthy influx of general banter. It's all made an immeasurable contribution to my staying sober and building a sober life.

Have a Merry Christmas everyone!

End of Day 225. I did not drink today.