View Single Post
Old 12-21-2019, 09:19 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  
BuddinK

Got an interesting phone call yesterday. A guy that worked in the bowling pro shop where I worked my first ever job called me, I have only seen him once since I left Illinois in 1999, that was at my brothers Hall of Fame induction in 2013.

The manager of the center at the time is going to be bowling our national tournament for his 50th year in May, sadly he is in bad health with Parkinsons disease among other issues, so he says it will be his last year going to the tournament. He decided that this coming year he wants to bowl with people he has the most respect for during his career. They asked me ! out of the 10 bowlers going, the guy who called me, and myself, are the only players that aren't in any Halls of Fame.

I tried to explain that I haven't bowled competitively in years and haven't even been in a center since John died, but they wouldn't take no for an answer.

So, I guess I'm headed to Reno in May, it really is an honor to me just to thought of with some of the great talent that will be there to celebrate George's career.