Old 12-20-2019, 05:39 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
YoungHyde25

Update

So I get a text from my phone from a number I don't recognize. Turns out this girls got a new number. She explains she does want to get better and is just having trouble getting money for treatment. I told her I would be happy to refer some detox and rehab facilities for her and do some research to see if any of them were non profit.

Anyways today, I get a text from her saying she is on her way to my city as a Christmas surprise. This strikes me as rather odd, and I sense a "i'm stranded" con coming up. In other words at some point I felt she would claim she was stranded and needed gas money. Ofcoarse I was right, it was just a matter of when. Suddenly she runs out of gas and needs $80 to fill her gas tank up or she can't come and visit me.

Since I prepared for this, I told her I lost my card after going to the bar and blacking out the previous night. I asked her if anyone else could help her, but no one she knows has a card or uses a bank account. I laughed a bit and I just wanted to say, "oh come on" Seriously. After a bit of back and forth she came to accept there was no way she was getting $80 from me as my card was "lost". This just really infuriates me. It's one thing to ask for money, it's another thing to lie and make it seem like your life is in danger. I guess I got a bit of joy of being able to say no as I have no idea how she's going to get her fix. Part of it is me being mad at myself for being duped all those months, I wish I could go back and just tell her straight to her face no.

It's selfish of her to make up lies simply because she's afraid of "being sick" or "not being normal". I've been an alcoholic for years and never once did I or would I steal from anyone. And I've had severe withdrawal symptoms many times. They are indeed bad, but they aren't the end of the world. It's no excuse for this type of behavior.