Old 12-20-2019, 02:40 AM
  # 396 (permalink)  
PalmerSage

Hi all, me again! Well, the happy hour I was dreading last night turned out to be so much better than expected. Everyone showed up to bond and have fun, with the exception of the two difficult people, which made it SO much better. We ended up having dinner, and some people had a few drinks but nothing crazy. It made me feel like all of that extra work and stress actually ended up meaning something after all.

I have a super-busy day at work (again), but it's some fun and festive stuff too. My house is a complete disaster, I still have most of my shopping to do (although in fairness, my husband does the heavy lifting in that department), and I feel completely unprepared. At the same time, although I know I will whisper to myself, "I hate the holidays" multiple times over the next couple of weeks, I'm determined to keep working to stay in the moment and enjoy what I can, even amid the chaos and all the stress.

I hope you all are in better shape than me, both literally and figuratively. I'll check back later to see how everyone is doing.