Old 12-17-2019, 06:26 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
ciowa

Congratulations on getting on a path to recovery. There may be some slips but they don't have to turn in to long relapses. Dust yourself off and keep moving forward.

A couple of things come to mind when reading your post. The first is that many people drink as a way of dealing with some other issues like anxiety, depression etc. Drinking makes these things worse but when you get sober, those issues are often still there and will need to be addressed as a part of recovery.

The other thing is that recovery varies among all of us. As a binge drinker, I often went experienced a lot of good things in life without alcohol so when I got into recovery, I didn't experience the pink cloud (or elation at being sober) and instead felt like I normally did when not drinking for a few weeks or months.

I don't know if you've read much about Post Alcohol Withdrawal Syndrome but it can last for several months and one of the symptoms can be anhedonia- the inability to feel happiness or pleasure. This is because your body has to find balance again. Here is a short video you can check out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=so-BZyj21ZA&t=

Keep it going and things will get better over time. Good luck