Old 12-17-2019, 06:02 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Mitchgc27

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
In my experience, that's not how it works. I had to find ways to bring joy and happiness into my life. And, I think that's the hardest part of recovery - making the lifestyle changes you need to make in order to support your recovery. If you're depressed and unhappy, what can you do to change that? Do you have an exercise program? Do you have hobbies or play sports? I had to get back to things I had loved doing before I was consumed by alcoholism.

You did great on getting through two months. I hope you can come up with some ideas to help you get beyond two months and to maintain permanent sobriety.
Originally Posted by Surrendered19 View Post
I am a newbie here, 26 days sober, living in day 27. I so much admire your post and will follow it as long as you keep it going. The issues you raise worry me. I still feel so good and am so happy that I am sober and clear headed and calm, I just don't want that to end. But I know that the voices trying to get me to drink again will come eventually. Again, I am grateful for your post.

I am glad. I hope to keep going. As long as I let myself. Perhaps I have other issues that I’ve used alcoholism to deflect away, and once I quit drinking those other issues surfaced and I have to face them. That is literally the only explanation i can give for why I hate feeling more clear headed so much. A lot of people say that they feel immediately better because of a calmness and clear mindedness, but I have been feeling immediately worse. I’m the exact opposite of that. The more I see people post about how they are happier because their mind is cleaner, the more anxiety I get because it’s the opposite for me