View Single Post
Old 12-17-2019, 04:29 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
wiscsober

All of our wonderful SR Aussies - my thoughts are with you concerning the temperatures, weather, and fires. Be safe.

0613 and doing well. Requesting 24 hours of sobriety and "bucket loads" recovery. I share some of mine with you.

I love the phrase "bucket loads." You can say it over and over again without getting bored. Gimme some bucket loads of sobriety...bucket loads that's all I want.

From early morning wake-up to just after lunch have been my best times. After lunch I go down for a nap and can never really get it together again. Just exhausted. I might tool around or play on the computer and eat, but by 1900 I'm taking my meds and going to bed.

I don't feel depressed mentally...not at all...but physically yes.

Enjoying this morning, but like an itch or tic I had a couple drinking thoughts pop in. But boy was I ready to beat them which I did. Taking the naltrexone is important everyday, but sometimes it is also symbolic of me saying yes to recovery.

Had a brief conversation in Spanish with a neighbor who makes coffee in the community room. Very brief but I was happy and I think she gets a kick out of it. The other day we danced a little to a Xmas song.

Two neighbors who are always up it seems, but I listened to them talk about chronic back pain and opioids. There are times I had chronic back pain, but nothing that's lasted for years or requires rods and back surgery. I have no opinion about their use of -codone drugs.

Another lady lost her key but found it. Elderly bi-polar lady who briefly hours had a thing for. Now I tend to avoid.

Miss my cat.

Only complaint is I got 1 Xmas card so far! But, I didn't send any out this year, so what do I expect to get.

Very cold at 21F gets down to zero tomorrow.

And finally,
Dee thank you for the new thread and list repost...you are awesome.