Thread: Four Weeks!
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2019, 05:32 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Auchieshuggle

Originally Posted by joe801 View Post
Congratulations Auchieshuggle and also sadforldr7!

It's no secret anxiety and panic attacks was one of many motivating reasons for me to stop drinking and I believe my issues was brought on by kindling. I never plan to have alcohol in my body again, the living hell of withdrawal is terrifying and even now makes me uneasy to even think about. Complete torture.

What is the situation/place/action related to your agoraphobia that you're experiencing? I remember early on wearing sunglasses inside stores, or even listen to certain music before I went in and sometime even listening to music inside stores with my ear buds helped a little. Once my overactive brain stabilized from withdrawal things improved and one day it was like "wow" I didn't even think about it anymore.

Speaking of buds or friends depending and what is related to your agoraphobia bring a friends along can help some also.
Thanks for your reply.

I had a terrible panic attack a few months ago, a really horrible one. Then I had another that was so bad I called an ambulance. I fear I will have a heart attack due to the intensity of the panic.

When I'm at home I do not feel particularly anxious any more, and in fact I haven't taken diazepam (valium, which was prescribed) for nine days. However I struggle to go out, and when I have been I have been accompanied by a friend, as I too found that helpful.

Glad you got over your anxiety! How long did it take you?

Originally Posted by Tetrax View Post
Nice work! Time to look at the ol' mental health now as you have to be doing I guess. You in touch with the NHS for the panic?
Aye, my GP examined me and doesn't believe I need further tests. I have been prescribed an SSRI and hopefully that will do the trick. Thanks for your reply.