View Single Post
Old 12-09-2019, 04:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
FWN

Originally Posted by dandylion View Post
fortworthnative…...Yep.....that sure is fodder for you to bring up with your therapist...and, I am so glad that you are working with a therapist, now...!

here is my suggestion----think of what you will need for your life in terms of the next 5 yrs......10 years....in other words, your long term future....
What will be your needs is ALL areas of your life.....family life, financial life, professional life, romantic/intimacy needs....social needs and services ,for both you and the kids....
One unknown, as I see it---what if your husband does not ever seek the kind of life long recovery that you are wishing for....if he does progress, in his alcoholism....how do you know that he will be the responsible and participating co-parent that you would like for him to be. What I am saying, is that I would not give his convenience TOO much weight in your decision.
making....

I spent several years as a single parent...with little to no help from their father.
I found out that, as the kids got older....having the convenient services of a larger metropolis and the social life opportunities that it offers becomes very important.....
Your kids are still little...but, needs...theirs and your do evolve and change as the years go on....Also, consider that the kids grow up faster than you think...lol....and, they will not always be with you under the same roof.....

I know that you have a lot of thinking to do...this is just food for thought....
Dandelion you are so right, I should think about it in terms of five years and 10 years. They will not be this little for this long. Maybe a long-term being in the bigger city is better for everyone.