View Single Post
Old 12-08-2019, 07:18 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Verdantia

Hey NewJourneyStart--I'm glad you're here. I agree that it's not a good idea to make plans when considering detox, and I have no idea what your experience might be--everyone is different. I 'only' drank beer, but at the end it was constant-pint after pint of cheap, high-alcohol ale. I had a horrific detox when I quit all at once-12 hours after my last beer I was seeing and hearing things-- spiders, ants, weird demonic faces, translucent owls and crows, accusatory voices, bizarre music--just in a horrific state--this went on for four days until I gave up and started drinking again to make the horror stop. It took me another month of insanity until I went to country detox, where the staff and fellow patients were very kind, but I ended up having a seizure and having to go to the hospital for a week and a half, with three days totally gone, almost no memory of them at all. So, I would check with a doctor and if they think you may be at risk they can give you drugs to help the worst symptoms. Best wishes--please stop drinking right away--it is a decision that you will never regret.