View Single Post
Old 12-08-2019, 12:39 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
faith823

Originally Posted by Gabe1980 View Post
I am still in a horrible frame of mind. Angry, resentful and exhausted. The perfect hat trick for a relapse.

I'm on week 9 and this is always the danger zone for me. It's also a bad time of year. Weather is miserable, it's dark all the time and its ramping up for the Christmas break. Two weeks of festive nightmare.

Sorry for being so negative. I'm just sick of this. I want my positive and grateful attitude back. I have my stuff packed to go swimming, counselling and a meeting planned in the next couple of days.

I need to turn around and keep going in the right direction or I'm going to end up drinking again and I'm struggling to connect with why I don't want to.

So here I am on a Sunday night. I'm sober and I'm posting instead of drinking.

I'm on week 9 and this is always the danger zone for me.

You are going to get through this continue to week 10, 11 and 12.
the danger zone will be a thing of the past.

Sorry for being so negative. I'm just sick of this. I want my positive and grateful attitude back.

Sometimes I just have to go with the negative. It will make the positive that much better when it does return. And you are walking through your fear and posting here! That is growth for sure

[B] ramping up for the Christmas break. Two weeks of festive nightmare.

Try and take this two week break as a time of self care/not worry about anything besides nurturing yourself and rest.

I always felt like hell coming back from a *break* from work when I was drinking alcoholically. No quality sleep/hungover/sick from overindulging in more poison than normal from all the *free* time

Sounds like you have great plans for exercise , mind clearing and more time for recovery.
Congrats on nine weeks that is amazing