View Single Post
Old 12-08-2019, 06:15 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
cantsleep123

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
Good plan.

Realistically, the meds are only gonna be for a few days, if you get them. I would think that if all your vitals are normal-ish that you may only get a couple/three days worth. The real Work of sobriety is 100% a natural process.

I am very happy to be med-free. I never took anything, and my body is now functioning as designed. Is it always easy? Nope. Do I have to sometimes bite my tongue or sit on my hands to keep from doing dumb things to deal with life? Yep. Would I love to take a pill for that? Sometimes it does cross my mind.

It's tough in the beginning, cantsleep. I think as addicted people we are self-programmed to "take something"[drink] in order to change how we are feeling at any given time. It's a bit like a very long freefall to do it all without that parachute of substances.

Well done on getting down to two drinks last night. Here's a great tool for the anxiety, or to quiet the mind:

Box Breathing
Ill be fine with whatever my doctor recommends. If she thinks I won't need meds then so be it. At least if I'm not drugged up all day I won't have to miss any work. I think I'll be attending a SMART meeting on Wednesday. I looked up some info last night and it seems like a good fit for me. Maybe I'll also check out an AA meeting even though I'm not really "spiritual". Who knows? Maybe I'll find God again.

Thank you for the Box Breathing link, I will definitely give it a try! Also thank you in general for being so helpful in this thread. I can tell I'm going to lean on you guys/gals a lot in this journey. I've already told several family members about my decision and so far they've all been supportive. I hope that if I'm successful it can inspire a few of my family members to realize they have problems as well and that they can change too.