View Single Post
Old 12-07-2019, 02:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
time2

Originally Posted by 2muchpain View Post
But I think sometimes someone as hard headed as me has to hear the same stuff over and over again for it to eventually stick.
But even if it doesn't stick, knowing there are people out there with an open mind and a non judgemental attitude can help someone carrying the weight of alcoholism a bit more tolerable.
John
I am one of those hard headed people that needs to hear the same stuff over and over again. I recently crossed over in to my young 60's and being an everyday drinker since my early teens and married to an everyday drinker, I can't seem to stay afloat very long.

I've thought of coming back under a different name, but I have been lying to myself for so long, I didn't want to pretend and lie to others here, so I stay who I am. Someone that keeps trying, drinking far less than I ever had, but still can't seem to kick it completely.

Once again I had some, "some" sober time in and last night, stress got to me, so I drank...... Didn't sleep and when I did, had nightmares, feel rough today. I don't want to drink, yet I do, "hair of the dog".

I get what you are saying. With me, I am thinking I am just getting to old to change. But, I am still not going to give up, I want to make this happen. And I know I am the one that has to make it happen. That part did sink in for me, I just need to apply it.