Old 12-07-2019, 06:07 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  
biminiblue

Sober Saturday morning never gets old. Yeah, some of you are a day ahead. Humor me.

Sober Christmas - even better. I'm single, live alone with no family around so Christmas is just another day. I don't buy gifts, I don't get gifts, I don't go to holiday parties. Easier to do because I'm not working. No pressure. I will be glad when it's over, I feel like that every year.

Sao, I admit if I were working in a party company I don't think I'd be hitting the bars with colleagues. Even at my last job when I was still drinking I wouldn't have done that. But then, I lived 25 miles away from work, so just getting home would have been problematic. DUIs in my state go on a permanent record and cost upwards of $20,000 to defend, mandatory - that's a lot of money and I don't want a record. Never mind that I could have wrecked my car or killed someone. I did have some sense.

So I'm just gonna lay low till the first. The rest of you singles, I'm with you in spirit. Christmas can be rough for us - but single is 1000% better than a bad relationship. Been there. I am much happier in this life.