View Single Post
Old 12-04-2019, 04:23 PM
  # 308 (permalink)  
NoGoingBack

Just checking in, as I’ve been absent for too long...

I must remember that sobriety comes first, because without it I have nothing.

Good day at work today, easy jobs and indoors at my workbench in the warm so it’s a pleasant change. Had to drive out to deliver a machine to a customer, then a straightforward afternoon. Home, showered, meeting, made my lunch for tomorrow and now ready for sleep.

The joys of sobriety include the fact that I’ve now been upgraded to boyfriend status apparently! And I was truly humbled today by the fact that my girlfriend’s 23 year old daughter invited me round for Christmas Day with them... (We’ve been worried about her reaction when we actually told her we were together) and I’ve met her quite a few times now but was so anxious, just want her to like me and understand that I have honourable intentions 😂

Well, apparently she thinks I’m ok. And that’s truly special for someone like me, because I always feel like I don’t deserve it...

Well aware that I must tread softly and put recovery first, but also aware of the beginnings of a new chapter being written.

Saying goodnight for now, I’m half asleep and very grateful for all I have tonight..
NGB 😊