Old 12-04-2019, 09:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
trailmix

Visiting this forum or hanging around for a while?

Something dandylion said this morning in another thread is something I have been thinking about for a while.

Many people post here, receive great advice and then we may not hear from them for months and months, if ever.

I am wondering why they don't stick around? This forum relies on people like you to contribute your wisdom and care and you have lots of it! So many people here who are going through the trials of a friend or family member that is addicted. The knowledge you gain, the steps you are taking, can help someone else out.

The second thing is, even if you have left your qualifier, as many here have, or are about to, there is a new learning curve and support here for you as you go forward. Again, your experience taking those steps is really valuable to those who are new to the forum or who are going through similar things.

So I hope you will stick around, become part of this community for as long as you would like to and share what you know. Your views are important, your perspective and experience is invaluable and welcome.