Thread: 1 year
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2019, 06:34 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Delilah1

Originally Posted by Wastinglife View Post
I never have made it to a year of sobriety. 9 months is the longest. I don't remember much detail from the past decade. I can remember the sober stretches but I was just as lonely and bored as when I was drinking. Sober or drunk, my life is miserable. I think that's why I keep going back to drinking.
Hi Wasting,

You can change this, if you give sobriety a chance. I found Recovery was about much more than just not drinking, although that was obviously the first and most important thing.

I needed to do things that brought me happiness. I enjoy going for walks, and being outdoors, I do this daily. I spend a lot of time at my kid’s activities, and have connected with many of the other parents, Which is a nice support. I enjoy reading, so I always have a book from the library, and each night before going to bed I read for at least 30 minutes, sometimes longer. I read and post on here daily, and I’ve formed a great online community of friends and support. I practice mindfulness, which helps me to remain in the present.

What do you enjoy doing? Think about how you can weave these things into your recovery plan.