Old 11-28-2019, 03:49 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
faith823

Originally Posted by Stoprelapsing View Post
Thank you Faith. That's very kind and I'm so glad you're in a better place now.

Harriet you pretty much nailed it. I only ever cry properly when someone is kind. Unfortunately I grew up with a Narcissist mother. It doesn't bother me that much, I've been working through it with a great counselor. But we've both noticed I only cry when people show kindness to me. I literallly had extreme stomach pains (girl stuff) in hosp a few weeks back and I only cried when the receptionist noticed I'd been waiting too long and brought me a bottle of water and something to eat. It's effed up isn't it?
I think the release of crying is you realizing you are worth being cared about. Recognizing kindness toward you in your life is a wonderful quality and attribute. Please be kind to yourself . When detoxing and getting sober for the first 11 days I cried non-stop. I was unable to cry while numbing my emotions and feeling sick/fatigued and doomed.
The crying well processing my emotions that I am worth it and people care. People who have been where I am have successfully stopped drinking. People are so kind in meetings when you are suffering. It is also therapeutic to cry those tears of experiencing kindness and being a part of, you matter and you are not alone

Happy Thanksgiving.