View Single Post
Old 11-25-2019, 08:27 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
hopeful4

You are a great momma and you are doing the right thing! My children are a million times better off even though I am a single mom. There is NOTHING more painful than watching your children being drug down by an addict. Nothing.

One of the first things I say here is do not procreate with an addict. I don't say it to guilt anyone or to be critical. I say that because I did it. I thought his addiction would get better. I did not understand it at all because my mind does not work that way.

I don't regret it at all, I love my children more than anything. However, the hurt he caused them, and the fallout from it, is huge and it took over our lives for a long time. It took a lot of counseling for me and my children to overcome it.

With this child, you are in complete control of how things end up. You will raise this child with kindness and goodness, and it will pay off. Your child won't have to go through the hurt the addict causes, because that exposure won't be there.

You've got this momma! Sending you huge hugs and many congratulations on this child.