Thread: Out of my depth
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2019, 06:08 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
dandylion
Community Greeter

Wonderingalways…...I am sorry to hear that you are in pain from your relationship breaking up. I know, from personal experience, that it is a terrible kind of pain......and, it takes a while to get past it....
It is so hard to know what is in another's mind....and, I venture to say that we NEVER can know, completely.
Sometimes, we assume that, because we are happy and content", that the other person feels exactly the same.....
Apparently your ex has h ad something going on with him that he has n ot shared with you. Ideally, he would have shared his reasons for ending the relationship....But, here again, we don't have control over other's actions, either.....
Looking toward your own future, do you really want to be in a relationship with someone who doesn't want to be there, for whatever reason?
don't you think that you deserve someone who is willing and able to be honest with you and committed to you? Isn't that what you deserve, at minimum?

As painful as it is, relationships break up, all the time....and, often, there is no complete understanding of why....that both partners understand. In other words...no "closure".....that we often hear about people getting.....
that is harsh, and it bites....but, I don't think that relationships end for no reason at all.....

One thing that you can take comfort in...he will be without the wonderful thing that you have to offer...It will be his loss.....