Thread: Out of my depth
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2019, 05:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Wonderingalways

Out of my depth

Hi, I am looking for advice.
My ex boyfriend is a sober alcoholic (sober 4 years). 3 weeks ago he suddenly ended the relationship (as far as I am aware we were happy and content) we were together for 2.5years.
I fully supported him in recovery, he would go to around 4 AA meetings a week. He is committed to the program. I always said that came before me. Therefore, we only seen each other on a Friday night.
my question is: normally, I would do no contact and hope that he came back to me. But, I am worried, I dont want to play mind games with him in case it is detrimental to his sobriety. I reached out after 10days and got a few dry responses. I told him I loved him and missed him and wished that he could have spoken to me before breaking up. He ignored that and I havent heard from him since.
i am not an alcoholic but tried to educate myself when he told me. I would love nothing more than for him to come back to me (everything I read is useless, I need advice from those in the situation) he is a stubborn man, but also kind and honest. I dont want to say or do the wrong thing that upsets him..but id like the prospective of others in this situation.
is there hope of him changing his mind?
How do I handle this situation so that it keeps him healthy?
Any advice greatly appreciated as I am driving myself insane
Thank you
(P.s he is 43 and this was his first sober, proper relationship)