View Single Post
Old 11-19-2019, 10:34 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  
Mags1
Magsie

Morning Unders

I don’t know why, but reading your comments Willow reminded me of when I first stopped.

Though I’d had many attempts in the past, but to be honest, they were just to placate my husband, so when I really meant business, like this is it, I don’t want to drink any more, it’s killing me and any life I want to have.

So once I’d decided that I do not drink anymore, come hell or high water, how the heck did I keep that promise to myself. I’d let myself down so much before, how could I do this?

I searched the internet and came upon SoberRecovery web site. I didn’t even acknowledge the ‘Recovery’ bit, that was for others, I just wanted to stay sober.

I soon realised Sober and Recovery go hand in hand....if you wanna have a life after booze that is.

You can sit there forever, sober, but wouldn’t it be so much better if you had a life fulfilled, happy, at peace.

I know for me, this is the happiest I’ve ever been. Not my manic happy like when I drank, but a meaningful happy, happy in my own skin, satisfied with my life, even with all its ups and downs.

Well, that’s life really and dealing with ups and downs head on and not running to the bottle for escapism, gives a sense of living, being a grown up.

So Recovery is so important. Recovery gives us our lives back.