Thread: Fragile
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2019, 07:21 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
faith823

Originally Posted by Mistyscorpio View Post
Nothing good will come out of drinking. This is just one of many opportunities that are knocking right now because you are sober- look at it as a learning experience and use this time to get organized- it doesn’t have to be perfect, and if the interview sucks, so be it- the next one is right around the corner, but if you drink now you risk losing 20+ days and you will have to start over and may not be in a good place to interview, period. On a positive note, believe in yourself- I learned a trick a while back that I use and teach my mentees- right before the interview, go into bathroom put your hands on your hips and deep breathe in/out in controlled breaths for 60seconds saying, I am a leader, I can do this, I have the power to succeed. Then come out and nail the interview, presentation, etc. You’re interviewing for whether it’s a fit for you, just as much as whether they think you are fit for them.

Believe in yourself, and who knows, it may go perfectly well and you’ll be posting about your new job soon- good luck!!
Thank you Misty- I read this yesterday and felt instantly better.
I really just do not know what I want to do at the moment.
I think I will just keep going to meetings and work on my recovery.
I hope to stay close posting with you- I could use the positive reinforcement. Thank you again. Hope you are doing well today.