View Single Post
Old 11-14-2019, 06:15 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
CupofJoe

Yay! Keep it positive, Sweeti. Keep your focus on building a sober life and don't let the ups and downs knock you off your path.

Just to add to our conversation from the last thread, yeah, I was afraid of insomnia, too. I was used to passing out every night. (I was an every day drinker, sometimes on multiple day benders.) I would get so anxious before going to bed, afraid that I'd never sleep.

It did take a while for sleep to get normal. But even halted, disrupted sober sleep was more restorative than a drunken stupor. I had chronic insomnia and even went to two sleep studies. Ugh. But better than drinking.

I do sleep normally now, but I have to work at it. I honestly have to treat myself like a five year old--wind down, have a routine, regular bedtime, etc. But I'm grateful that I can sleep now!

You can work through anything sober. If you're struggling or afraid or nervous, please reach out. There will definitely be people who have gone through similar situations or troubles. And we all want to help.

Stay the course, my friend. It's worth it.

What are you grateful for today?

I'm grateful for the pot of tea I'm drinking now, a beautiful November day ahead, and the book I'm reading.

And grateful you're still here.