View Single Post
Old 11-10-2019, 05:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
tornrealization
01-14-2019

Close to 10 months

So here I am 4 days shy from 10 months sober. The thing on my mind is my in-laws. They celebrate alcohol. It was awesome I loved Southern Comfort and so did they and woot, a bonding moment for future and husband. -- and now I've changed.

I probably will write more of a my journey so far post as I'm often wanting to do at each month but then don't and just read and read,SR helps with the daily reminders of joys people reach, and stories of people just starting to remind me that there's no going back.

So today we learn his uncle-in-law has liver cancer. This is an Uncle that gets 80% booze presents for the Holidays. I'm not close to him nor is my husband. So I said, oh ok--- so no drinks then? He asked the Dr. about his 1 nightly drink supposedly the Dr said "You have liver cancer, not cirrhosis". Are you kidding me? Who's full of crap here? Dr? The Uncle? Really?

So my guess is now the family thinks its condoned drinks for him. Anyways I've declared to my husband we are not giving him Booze for Christmas. I won't be a part of this nope.

We have to think outside the box or get gift cards for food, but not booze.

Husband's birthday is coming up and he often gets no kidding, 8 bottles of whiskey. I've asked - hey - have you told them? Told them not to do that? He's sober most of the time now, so not sure what we'd do with 8 bottles of that.

I am doing fine and I often still skip boozy events. I will be bringing my own car for the Holidays to leave if needed.

Mind blown at being told Liver cancer - although "caught in time" this person still worried about their drink.

I think I'm really just talking/ranting out loud cause I have no where else to be concerned about this. Thanks for the listen.