Old 11-09-2019, 08:12 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Becca829

Thanks hechosedrugs. It’s so crazy isn’t it? I can’t understand how the court doesn’t see drug use as the problem that it is when it comes to kids safety. When we separated for the first time I called my local domestic violence center for guidance about custody and they told me in their experience the court will tell me he can do whatever he wants on his own time so unless I can prove he uses and poses a danger to the kids while they are in his care none of it matters! Insane!!! I get that they see lots of things that are worse (I'm a teacher I see them too) but not allowing unsupervised visits with drug addicts could prevent a lot of that!

Im so glad you were able to get your children out of that situation and get supervised visits. I remember reading your posts when I would visit this board before that happened and always felt so heartbroken for you. Like you finally had the courage to do the right thing for you and your children and the court was punishing you for it by letting him have unsupervised visits 😢. So happy that it all worked out for you.