View Single Post
Old 11-07-2019, 09:18 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
faith823

Originally Posted by August252015 View Post
Faith - right there with you on that only vodka in my veins thing And happy to be any kind of friend to you.

Hot yoga became my passion - I'm one of those who had yoga "on my list" forever and just didn't think it was for me. I'd done the "calm" kind a few times...but being a long time athlete since tiny people days, hot yoga was perfect. I've got a chunk of PT to start (in Dec, fingers crossed) way before I can go back to the yoga, but my plan is that June-Aug 2020 will see me back in action!!

Also - real talk? When I get anxious, I have realized I binge on sweets. I hadn't always connected the dots...as in, I didn't think I was so nervous about the back surgery but then I made 2 yellow sheet cakes with chocolate icing and ate them all by myself. That was Mon- Wed

On the whole, tho (and esp now that I have admitted that to my husband, which of course he had already observed tho sweetly never commented on) I do a pretty good job of pausing to think about whether I really want x or it's boredom or some emotion or such. And, I rarely eat stuff like fries - I wasn't hungry last night when we went to a fave place and decided not to order, and had literally 2 of his fries

Keep up day 12 and then 13....you can do this.
Thank you so much.
yellow sheet cake with chocolate icing sounds divine right now.

I do feel much less puffy and bloated. People in the meeting have mentioned how I look great,( I reminded my AV it wants me to look rough it insists on me looking rough, match on the outside what you feel on the inside) and one lady said my eyes were sparkling.
(That is a first) Alcohol does such a number on our appearance. I am so blessed my body has been this resilient.

I have my meeting in 45 minutes. I look forward to it.
Thank you every one day 13
Ask HP to remove the obsession this morning- No desire to drink at this moment.