View Single Post
Old 11-07-2019, 08:10 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
August252015

Faith - right there with you on that only vodka in my veins thing And happy to be any kind of friend to you.

Hot yoga became my passion - I'm one of those who had yoga "on my list" forever and just didn't think it was for me. I'd done the "calm" kind a few times...but being a long time athlete since tiny people days, hot yoga was perfect. I've got a chunk of PT to start (in Dec, fingers crossed) way before I can go back to the yoga, but my plan is that June-Aug 2020 will see me back in action!!

Also - real talk? When I get anxious, I have realized I binge on sweets. I hadn't always connected the dots...as in, I didn't think I was so nervous about the back surgery but then I made 2 yellow sheet cakes with chocolate icing and ate them all by myself. That was Mon- Wed

On the whole, tho (and esp now that I have admitted that to my husband, which of course he had already observed tho sweetly never commented on) I do a pretty good job of pausing to think about whether I really want x or it's boredom or some emotion or such. And, I rarely eat stuff like fries - I wasn't hungry last night when we went to a fave place and decided not to order, and had literally 2 of his fries

Keep up day 12 and then 13....you can do this.