View Single Post
Old 11-06-2019, 06:58 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
oddsunflower

I dream vividly, I always have, but more so now that I take Lexapro. This is a known side effect and makes for some really loopy sleepytime adventures. If you are taking any kind of medication with a somnolence side effect, it may be wise to switch the time of day you take it.
Last night, I was in the woods, following a path made of crocheted flowers and leaves. They led me to my AH's old neighborhood where he lived when we first started dating. There was this hill that had cactus on it (remember I am a gardener) and they had beautiful ripe cactus apples that I was going to pick for jelly making. All of a sudden, the cactus started throwing them at me and he was just standing there laughing this maniacal laugh. His family came out of the house and started pointing at me and laughing too ....I attribute this dream to watching Wizard of Oz yesterday with my youngest and those damn spicy pork chops I made for dinner!
Also....the "cheese" comment is golden!!! When in doubt, blame the cheese!

I have a dream journal (now locked by password ONLINE ONLY) where I keep all of these things recorded and talk them over with my therapist. I think my dissociation makes me think of things when I am sleeping and it helps her to know where my mind is in therapy for the week.