View Single Post
Old 11-04-2019, 05:07 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
PuzzledHeart

Originally Posted by Florence View Post
I have also recently gone DEEP into knitting and other fiber arts. It satisfies my need for creativity and doesn't involve crushing any candy or mindlessly scrolling through social media watching other people live their lives while I languish on the sofa avoiding my menial chores.
I too vote for knitting, even as I am totally stressing out about getting gifts completed for the holidays. It's my penance for going to Rhinebeck and letting my yarn budget run amok.

In regards to actual detaching, I find it so difficult to detach with "love". It's easier if I detach myself from expectations that my sister will be functional. I don't have to depend on her on any way shape or fashion and that has made our relationship a thousand times better ever since our parents got sick. There's no more disappointment because I no longer her expect her to help. I mentioned this in an earlier post, but just realizing that she's doing the best she can, given the circumstances, allows me to acknowledge that things are NOT A-OK through a more compassionate lens.

I've also tried to let go of the expectation for myself that I will no longer be angry about this. I _am_ angry about this, but realizing that I am going to be angry about this for a very long time makes it easier to live with because I don't HAVE to get rid of the anger. Trying to get rid of it just adds another task to my already very long task list. It is there. I am here. So be it.