View Single Post
Old 11-02-2019, 09:34 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
hpdw

Its important to be fair on the NHS I was prescribed large amounts back in the late 70s through 80s and 90s even up till about mid 90s onwards then about mid 90s GPs were realising the real truth about benzos which is that after extended use they cause more harm than good , 3 weeks is enough to become tolerant so up and up the dose must go to achieve a desired effect .
I describe my diazepam usage over the past 4 years as stable with a repeat presciption of 10mg per day collected once every 4 weeks . But I abused this system and topped up with higher doses from elsewhere .
However over a year ago I admitted to my GP what I was doing and they really took the bull by the horns and cut me to 6 mg per day BUT to be collected on a wednesday and saturday . It was at this point I was reffered to the drink and drugs area of the NHS then things just got better and better until as I explained in an earlier post my rapid detox . As I said it was and still is hard , so similar to coming off a drinking binge but this is taking longer and I am OK with that . No drug is easy to withdraw from so help is essential including SR .
I have asked my GP to have my notes state " NO BENZODIZEPINES TO BE PRESCRIBED " . I am happy with that .