View Single Post
Old 10-31-2019, 09:02 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Stayingsassy

Originally Posted by GeorgiaMarie85 View Post

Can I ask how much you drank? I was drinking a lot of wine. Multiple glasses. I’m so scared. I’m going to get my blood drawn tomorrow. I was going to at my 8 week appointment, but it was really backed up and I thought I would feel better waiting, but I’m more anxious.
Right before my first child I was drinking a great deal, I’d just met my husband (I’d only known him 4 months when I got pregnant). He was in a band and we would go out every night, I was 25 and drinking some nights about a 12 pack of light beer or 8-10 craft beers (ipa, athough ales were more popular then) or maybe 1/2 handle of scotch or whiskey, right before I found out actually I had finished a half handle of bush mills. My tolerance has always been very high. Before the second child it was a bit less, maybe 5-6 beers most days of the week and before the third I was trying to get pregnant so taking more days off, but when I did drink I’d still finish more than a six pack or 1-2 bottles of wine.

My oldest, who was incubating a few weeks when I was drinking the most, actually has the highest IQ of all my kids, she has aspergers, but it’s high functioning and she is now an electrical engineer. I actually feel as though the aspergers might be connected to the Prozac I was taking before I knew I was pregnant.

I never worried much about my drinking prior to knowing I was pregnant, I was very attuned to my cycles which have always been regular and I’ve always known right away when I’ve been knocked up and quit immediately. despite the lack of family planning, I wanted to be a mom all my life, so I easily quit when pregnant, I couldn’t ever drink just one so the only safe amount for me as a pregnant woman was zero.

Talk to your OB for goodness sake, tons of women drink before they know....the real judgement and concern is if you drink AFTER you know, you’ve quit. So let it go and enjoy your pregnancy.